Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Live Action Blue Beetle Test Images

Images of the special effects test for the live-action Blue Beetle have been released on the official blog of DC Comic's Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns.

He posted the note and images below earlier tonight

"I feel very fortunate to have been a part of Blue Beetle’s introduction way back in INFINITE CRISIS. I’ve said it before, but thanks to the BLUE BEETLE series launched by Keith Giffen and John Rogers with a great design by Cully Hamner, Jaime Reyes rocks. Great character, great story, great look. He’s already appeared in animation, had action figures and right now he’s on my computer in live-action glory. I have an early special effects test that has been floating around of what his armored scarab-suit could look like. This isn’t final. This isn’t greenlit. It’s only a test that was done. We still have a long way to go to see if we can get this off the ground and a lot of people to jump on board…but check out some stills."

They remind me a little of my childhood with Power Rangers and Beetle Borgs, but I am fine with that.

He also stated that they will premiere the footage in full at Comic-Con later next month.









Benjamin Myers
PSN ID and Gamertag: fusionman15

No comments:

Post a Comment