Thursday, March 17, 2011

Darren Afronofsky Exits The Wolverine

Director Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan, The Wrestler) has announced today that he will have to exit as director of The Wolverine. This comes as a bit of a shock for me because it must be really hard for him to just leave. He has had so much input of the film.


Here is the official press release:

Afronofsky:  "As I talked more about the film with my collaborators at Fox, it became clear that the production of ‘The Wolverine’ would keep me out of the country for almost a year.  I was not comfortable being away from my family for that length of time.  I am sad that I won't be able to see the project through, as it is a terrific script and I was very much looking forward to working with my friend, Hugh Jackman, again."

Twieneth Century Fox stated: "While we are of course disappointed that Darren can’t do ‘The Wolverine’, we also understand and respect his reasons.  Having done both ‘The Wrestler’ and ‘Black Swan’ with Darren, we know he is an extraordinary talent and we look forward to working with him on other projects in the future. Hugh Jackman and Fox both remain fully committed to making ‘The Wolverine’.  We will regroup and move forward aggressively."

So hopefully they can find a perfect replacement, but I was really looking forward to see his vision.

Benjamin Myers
PSN ID: fusionman15
Email: BenMyers92@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment