Friday, October 16, 2009

Uncharted 2 Review

I just finished playing Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and I'm speechless. This is easily the most beautiful game ever made. The graphics are just so stunning you can't put down the controller. The game really does look like it's like a movie. The character models look magnificent and stunning. The voice acting is great. Funny too. I have to say I like Among Thieves much better than Drake's Fortune. It has the mainly the same gameplay as the first, but with one little feature.... stealth gameplay. I love a game that can incorporate stealth and action together into one game. There wasn't a whole lot of stealth, but there was a sufficient amount to keep me playing. The climbing in this game is much better than Drake's Fortune. The animations are much smoother and look much better. I really like how Naughty Dog improved the gun damage realism a lot. Enemies die a lot easier without taking as much hits. That was a major flaw from the first game. When it comes to the story I like the story much better, because it takes you all over Europe and Asia, rather than just the two islands from the first game. There is one sequence where you are on a train and you have to move closer to the front car that I really like. The train is actually moving instead of just the background moving. It's a really fun time. Once you beat the game you can go back for a another playthrough and with all the money earned the first time around, you can buy guns and skins. There is a really funny skin you can buy call Doughnut Drake that makes Drake really fat with a deep voice. It's my favorite. There was one thing about the game that I don't care for much and that's the multi-player. Ya, it's a unique experience with climbing Incorporated into maps, but it just doesn't have the fun factor that other games like Call of Duty have. Overall, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a great experience and it's a definite buy for any Playstation 3 owner or a fan of the Drake's Fortune. I give Among Thieves a 93 of 100.


Dominic Sacco
PSN ID: sacco2011

No comments:

Post a Comment