Thursday, October 8, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum Review

Batman: Arkham Asylum is the best comic book, superhero game I've ever played. It brilliantly mixes action gameplay with stealth gameplay. Arkham Asylum puts you in the shoes of the greatest detective of all time, Batman, in a story that keeps you on your toes and wanting more. The synopsis of the story is that The Joker traps you in Arkham Asylum where you have to battle through his goons and some of the villains to get to the Joker. The story is excellently written by Paul Dini, the great writer from Batman the animated series. The stealth gameplay is key to survival in Arkham Asylum. In some scenarios the goons won't have weapons, but in most of them they are armed and you have to think of ways to take them out without the others seeing you. The hand to hand combat is extremely smooth and is flows beautifully. One thing I really enjoyed doing is gliding around, that was really fun to me. Things I didn't like was that the boss battles were exceptionally easy, even on hard difficulties. Another thing I didn't like was that there was a detective vision you can use to find secrets and use to follow clues. I didn't like it because you will use it constantly and probably just keep it on the whole game. There really wasn't a point to having a regular view if you aren't going to use it. Overall this is an amazing game and I think anyone who enjoys a good game with a good story should check it out. I give Batman: Arkham Asylum gets a 91 of 100


Dominic Sacco
PSN ID: sacco2011

No comments:

Post a Comment